Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How long since you thought of Lancelot Link -- Secret Chimp?

One of my favorite blogs is "...by Ken Levine" which is written, amazingly enough, by Ken Levine, who was a major writer for M*A*S*H, Cheers, and Frasier, and was a broadcaster for the Seattle Mariners for a year or two.

As you might expect, the blog is hilarious. His Nov. 16 post is a total hoot. In it, Levine talks about his first mentor, Stan Burns, who was a writer for the great Steve Allen, wrote for Get Smart, and was the creator of the legendary Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp.

My favorite lines from the post:

The first time I saw THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW I thought, “Wow, bitchin’ babes like Laura Petrie marry comedy writers? I’m a riot for 12. I could do that!”

It seemed like a great life. Hang out with other funny people. Make each other laugh. Get paid for it. And attract long legged brunettes without having to master the harmonica.
Can we swap out Mike Blowers and get Levine back?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey, thanks for the link to Levine's blog. It's quite interesting - as well as entertaining. I love good reads like that!